Last Updated: 9 May 2017
The Simple Version
- You control what you upload or share on Kynd
- We use that information to deliver our services
- You can change or delete information if needed
- It’s the internet, so data may not be 100% safe
- You can simply close your account, if you want
The Longer Version
The Platform enables people seeking the services of a carer, helper or assistant (the “Services”) to be connected with independent contractors who are third-party providers of Services (the “Carers”). The person receiving and / or interacting with the Services (the “Recipient”) may be you or another person for whom you have the authority to order Services, such as a parent, relative, friend or approved party.
1. Changes to this Policy
2. Information We Collect
We may collect the following kinds of information:
2.1 Information You Provide
Kynd collects information from you when you provide it to us. This happens when you register for our website or mobile applications, use the Platform, or communicate with us, such as through our website, applications, email, SMS, over the telephone or in person. The information you provide us may include information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”), such as name, email address, phone number, mailing address and photos of your image or likeness. We may collect your debit card, credit card, direct debit setup or government funding information in order to process payments for Services.
You may also provide us information about a person whose care is being managed using the Platform, such as that person’s Personal Information, conditions relative to the Services, special needs and other preferences. You agree not to provide us information about another person or user unless you have that person’s express permission or the legal right to provide such information, such as Power of Attorney.
Your contact information may also be used for accounting, invoicing and billing purposes, marketing purposes, by third party service providers to Kynd, and to respond to any enquiry you make, in some cases information we collect is transferred overseas. When you contact Kynd, we may keep a record of the communication(s) between you and Kynd to help resolve any issues you might have.
2.2 Information for Carers
You or the Recipient may provide information to the Carers. The Carers will use the Platform to manage and communicate with you about the Services that they are providing, including by entering information about the Services and the recipient of the services into the Platform, which will make it available to us.
2.3 Cookies and Other Devices
2.4 Information from Mobiles
If you are interacting with our website or applications on a mobile device, then your mobile carrier may automatically send us your device and hardware ID, device type, carrier, carrier user ID, content of your request and basic usage statistics about your device and usage of our website or applications. We do not store this information or use it for any purpose. If you provide it to us or send us a message from your mobile device, we may also collect and use your phone number. Your device may also store information about your usage of our Platform. Please consult your device documentation on how to manage that.
2.5 Information from Web Use
When you access our Platform through a browser, application or other client, like other web providers, our Platform and / or servers automatically record certain information. This data is recorded in server logs and may include information such as your web request, your interaction with our Platform such as frequency of use, websites you were visiting when you came to our website, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and settings for languages, the date and time of your request, and your internet cookie data.
3. Sharing Personal Information
Kynd may share your Personal Information with third parties as follows:
- With Carers, so that they may provide and communicate about the Services
- With individuals involved in the Recipient’s care, such as family members
- With people or organisations that you authorise, including people you have engaged for care services
- With Recipient’s to market, conduct and operate the Services and related needs
- With companies with whom we have contracted to provide services on our behalf
- To ensure your adherence with Kynd’s Terms of Service
- In the event of breaches or likely breaches of Kynd’s Terms of Service
- With our company subsidiaries or affiliates, in accordance with the terms herein
- Where we have a belief in good faith that it is necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental requirement; (b) enforce any applicable terms of our Platform, (c) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Kynd, its partners, its users, its Carers, its Recipients or members of the public
- If Kynd has a merger or sale, we may transfer your Personal Information to that new successor entity
4. Usage of the Information
Here are the ways we use the information we collect:
- for identification and authentication
- to provide the Platform to you
- to customise the content and any advertising displayed
- to connect you with Carers, Recipients and other users
- to determine the eligibility of Carers and Recipients to participate in the Platform
- to improve our services and develop new services
- to ensure that Kynd receives payment for fees due to it
- to perform statistical, demographic and marketing analyses, including to determine
- to analyse how users interact with the Platform
- to expand our user base of Carers, Recipients and other users
- to analyse the level of interest in the Platform
- to generate data reports on an aggregated, non-personally identifiable basis
- to customize products and services for you
- to contact you about the Platform, Services and Carers, and send you needed information
- to notify you of any changes to the Platform
- to protect the rights, safety or property of Kynd, our partners and our users
In addition, the Carers will use the information to provide and communicate about the Services.
5. Protecting Personal Information
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. We will take all reasonable steps to protect the information We hold about you from unauthorized access, use and disclosure, however we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information, or that our Platform or systems are or will be completely free from third party interception or are incorruptible from viruses. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you send from your computer to us over the Internet will be protected by any form of encryption (encoding software). In light of this fact, we cannot and do not warrant the security or privacy of your personal information, including payment details, account details, profile details or data.
You transmit your personal information to us at your own risk.
You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of your passwords and/or account information.
6. Updating Personal Information
You can contact us by emailing us at [email protected] and we will make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your Personal Information in order to correct, amend or delete it unless prohibited by law. We may decline to process requests if it would require effort disproportionate to the privacy risk, would violate the rights of others or would prejudice any ongoing legal proceedings or investigations.
Because of the way we make back-up copies of our data, copies of the information may remain in our backup systems. We also may not be able to delete Personal Information that you have submitted using public activities, and even after removal and it may remain viewable in cached and archived locations or on other websites not within our control. We may charge a reasonable administration fee to access your Personal Information if to do so would require disproportionate time and effort. Updating or deletion of your Personal Information will not have any effect on other personal information that Kynd maintains.
7. Communicating with You
7.1 Emails and Notifications
Kynd reserves the right to send you administrative and account-related messages that you may not opt-out of. To cease all communications to you from Kynd you must close down your Kynd account. You agree that Kynd may send you communications relating to your account and the Kynd services. These communications may be through email, telephone, SMS or notifications through related applications.
You can elect not to receive certain marketing messages from Kynd by email by following the instructions in the email or by contacting us, but you cannot elect not to receive administrative messages relating to your account or legal matters. You further consent to receiving all legally-required notifications from Kynd through display on our website, through the email you provide to us, or through the email associated with your Kynd account, which may be the email associated with any of your third-party IM Websites or social networks through which you connect to Kynd (such as Facebook, Google and related social media logins).
7.2 Questions and Comments
Kynd Pty Ltd
PO Box 3755
Burleigh Town, QLD
8. Marketing Activities
When you register on the Platform or related Services you may have the opportunity to elect (“opt-in”) to receive updates on our latest services, news and special offers, and those of our valued affiliate service providers (“Marketing Material”), via your Kynd account, personal e-mail address, post or telephone. If you conclude a transaction on the Platform, you may also be given the opportunity to opt-in to receive other Marketing Material from Kynd and our valued affiliate service providers, to help you and your care needs.
Once you opt-in to receive Marketing Material, You may, at any time, opt-out of receiving the Marketing Material. To opt-out go to the ‘Manage Account’ link on the Platform, choose ‘Settings’, then ‘Alerts’ and update your preferences. You can also click on the “unsubscribe” link in any email containing Marketing Material that We send you, or you can request an opt-out by emailing Kynd using the contact information provided on the Platform. If you no longer consent to receiving Marketing Material then you must opt-out in one of these ways. As above, you cannot opt-out of notification required for Services or your account.
9. Security of Information
We recognise that security is very important and we take reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. If you believe that the Personal Information you have provided us has been compromised, or if you become aware of a potential security vulnerability within our Platform, please contact us immediately at [email protected]
10. Rights of Third Parties
11. Ages and Online Privacy
This website is intended for use by persons over the age of 18. Kynd does not seek to collect information about children under the age of 18. No information should be submitted to or posted on this website by users under 18 years of age. If you believe such information exists, please email us at [email protected]
12. Do Not Track Requests
Kynd is committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Platform, however, we do not technically recognise or respond to browser-level Do Not Track signals.
Last Updated: 9 May 2017